Monday, November 3, 2008

It's only boring people that get bored.

I saw that (^^^) posted on a website today and it got me thinking.

It's so true, and lately I have been really bored, but pretty much just because I have been pretty boring. I lost motivation for going out after my friends left Swansea because although I do enjoy my own company I sometimes need a bit of motivation to go out so having friends who say 'Hey, what you doing tomorrow? nothing? cool, let's go for coffee!' and such like was sometimes just what I needed to encourage me out of the house. It used to be that when I was at home though I'd always be doing stuff, making things, doing jobs that needed doing, reading, drawing, painting, chatting to people, and various other things, but then all of a sudden about a month ago I just stopped doing stuff....like everything, apart from the chatting to people and to a certain extent the reading (it didn't help that I just cannot seem to finish Breaking Dawn no matter how hard I try, so throw lack of motivation into the mix and I wasn't ever gonna get very far with it).

Then today, I saw that quote (the title) and I don't even know what happened, but I suddenly got motivated again. Ok, so it's not Monday anymore (it was when I started writing this but I'll continue with the 'today' theme) but today I wrote a letter to a friend, I baked a cake, I started reading Paper Towns (let's face it, I'm not finishing Breaking Dawn any time soon), I've chatted to friends (I am chatting to friends, like right now), I made plans to go out tomorrow, I discovered that my cousin is in a band (and plays Ukulele) and so I looked up her music and listened to that for a while whilst I had a little think about stuff (you should check her stuff out http://www.myspace.com/hellobigworld cos it's awesome!) and ye, I watched Licence to Wed and I just seemed to do alot more stuff today that I have done in one day for absolutely ages! It feels pretty good to have actually accomplished some stuff today though so I think I'm gonna try my hardest to keep motivated because I really do feel much today than I have for a while, and I'd rather put more effort in and feel more positive then do nothing and feel totally 'meh'.

So uh.....ye, I kinda feel like I've hit a bit of a wall, and now I can come back from it in a more positive frame of mind. As they say, you have to reach rock bottom before things can get better. So I feel like I've hit rock bottom (in this instance anyway) and now I can just improve on the situation.

No comments: