Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dear street cyclist....

I know you think you look all cool winding through the roads on your little bicycle, and you think you are clever because you can cycle past all the cars however the highway code does still apply to you, ok?

When I cross the road I do not expect you to almost hit me because you think you can go through red lights with no consequenses.

When I am cycling the right way down a one way road I do not expect to almost collide with you because you think you can cycle the wrong way down it. You are not special, one way roads go one way.

And when I am following the law and you are not I do not expect you to get road rage at me 'because I was in your way'. If I am in your way because you shouldn't have been there in the first place then that clearly isn't my problem.

2 comments:

liagiba. said...

Well said Nat. Well said indeed.

That Cyclist should have been knocked over by a nearby STOP sign so he can squish that into his dull mind -_-

Garbo said...

If this blog was written on a scrumpled bit of paper with no name or reference to WHOEVER the writer was, I would still be able to tell it was you LOL.