Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Locked in a train station at 2.30 am. True Story.

So I was in France for a week, it was awesome, the people who did the course with me were well cool, and I ate more food last week than I usually eat in a month. No complaints really, it was pretty much all good except for the odd cooking disaster, but they were pretty few.

On the way back however was when it got interesting, I was in a mini bus between La Plagne and Geneva for 3 hours, we were at the airport for 3 hours because our flight was delayed, we then had an hour and a half flight and I had a 4 and a half hour journey back from Gatwick to Swansea with an hour rest at Paddington between trains. Travelling makes me pretty tired and I don't usually fall asleep on transportation, but I couldn't keep my eyes open, and I knew that Swansea was the last stop on my train so when I started to fall asleep I just let myself, thinking 'yeah, they'll empty the train of people when it stops at Swansea' I was so wrong. The train stopped at 1.45 am when it was supposed to, and everyone got off......apart from me. At 2.30am I woke up, on an empty train, pitch black outside because the majority of the lights in the station had been turned off. I've never caught the last train back to Swansea before so I didn't really know what to expect when I got back, so I figured it being pretty empty was normal. I got off the train and walked towards the exit of the station as usual, only to find that NO-ONE was in the station and the shutters were down. I walked back into the station and the porters kindly showed me where I could go to get out of the station, and then after being laughed out by a couple of conducters I was finally set free. It has taught me about falling asleep on trains though, I don't think I'll be repeating that experience anytime soon, at least not if I can help it.

1 comment:

liagiba. said...

OMG that's just scary. Being alone in the train while everyone is gone is a horrible experience. I thought you were locked in the station or something D:

Glad that you're back!

Oh and traveling does make you so tired :/ That's what happened when i had two flights to catch on for the Philippines -_-